The Best Guide

Welcome to Chicago!

Millennium Park in Chicago

Millennium Park in Chicago

In the very near future, I will be packing my bags and making my way to Chicago for the very first time. And, I couldn't be more excited about it! So, to any Chicagoans out there, if you have any suggestions at all, I would be super grateful. :D I foresee most of my free time revolving around food and shopping, but I haven't even began to figure out where anything is. Turns out, Chicago is kind of a big city.

Well, I'm not going to make up for my lack of blogging very much with this super quick recap of my Chicago trip, but I promise to fill you guys in on the "why" as soon as I get back from my current work trip in San Francisco. So, bear with me for a little while longer :) Tory Burch store! It was closed by the time I made it though. (Probably for the best. That sales tax on clothing items is a killer!)

Millennium Park, Chicago

The Bean! And, yes, I totally took a picture of myself in the reflection like any good tourist would. White Sox game which will also be known as the place I paid $7 for a hot chocolate. And, of course, DEEP DISH. I wish I could say that we finished it, but I barely made it halfway through my second slice. Stay tuned for the Chicago shopping recap!

Back In the Habit

Back when I was working until my brain hated me, eating fast became more important than eating well. Take-out, fast food, vending machines... basically, if it was fried, reheated, or came in a wrapper, I ate it. Unfortunately, even though I have my life back and get home in more than enough time to 'cook' myself a healthy meal, I've been having trouble kicking the junk food habit. Since I always pack, I've done well with lunches, but eating healthy just some of the time isn't really doing me any favors.

I have less energy and pretty much feel like a big ball of 'blah' all day, so I decided that it's time to get my butt back on the wagon. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to hold myself accountable for eating a healthy, balanced diet 3 meals a day plus snacks. I didn't really intend for my blog to include a lot of foodie posts, but it's been a long running goal to incorporate more of "me" into my posts, and well, this is me! :)

Today's Lunch in Chicago:

Veggies and hummus, my 'work-famous' berry and yogurt bowl (I used blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and pomegranate seeds!), reduced-fat, natural peanut butter on a whole wheat sandwich thin (I wanted it to be turkey, but the deli was out of my favorite kind... bummer), and homemade trail-mix with dark chocolate m&m's, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, and almonds to get me through my snack attacks!