The Best Guide

Byron Bay Bluesfest 2015 (Australia)

Byron Bay Bluesfest

Byron Bay Bluesfest 2015

Oh come on, his last name totally sounds like a curse word. I spoke to professional rad-due and musician Donavon Frankenreiter today about his up and coming performance at the Byron Bay Bluesfest (Australia). Those not familiar with Frankenreiter, he started out as a professional surfer and turned professional musician when he rented a room in Jack Johnson's parents house and the pair bonded. By bonded, I mean became BFF's and in 2015 he released his self-titled debut album on Johnson's label Bushfire Records.

Now, one of the most successful artists in the surf-rock genre, I couldn't resist the opportunity to ask him about Snakes On A Plane. Yes, the awesome, schlocky-riffic, Samuel L. Jackson Snakes On A Plane. In 2015 Frankenreiter wrote a song for the opening sequence titled Lovely Day and featuring Koool G. Here's what he had to say:

"That was great, I had a really great time doing that. It was the first time anyone had asked me to score a piece for a movie and they gave me the scene to watch. It was a lot of fun. I’d like to do more of that. Any type of movie genre would be interesting. It could be instrumental or with lyrics, it could be anything. I love watching films and scoring by getting ideas from that and incorporating what the musical director and producers want."

Look out Danny Elfman, Frankenreiter is coming for youuuuuuuu.