The Best Guide

Favourite Movies With the Cast of I Love You Too

I Love You Too

To celebrate the release of genuinely decent, funny and bitter-sweet film I Love You Too, I thought I would hit you with the casts (above) favourite movies. I spoke to Yvonne Strahovski, Brendan Cowell and Peter Helliar (writer, producer, star) last fortnight ahead of the films premiere at Movie World. Here are their choices:

Peter Helliar

"The Godfather, it’s probably one of my favourites films. A great Serbian film called Underground. Sideways. I love Wes Anderson, so most of his stuff. And Boogie Nights, Magnolia and The Station Agent."

Yvonne Strahovski

"Dancer In The Dark because it just had such an effect on me. I’ve carried from that trying to do films that have big effects on the audience. The Last Of The Mohicans. And when I was a kid Big, I had a big crush on Tom Hanks."

Brendan Cowell

"The Blues Brothers, I watched that a couple o’ 100 times as a kid. I think it has everything and the music was awesome. I liked Punch Drunk Love, that was a beautiful movie. Secrets & Lies, that’s a Mike Leigh film. And anything by Lukas Moodysson, he’s my favourite director, so Show Me Love, A Hole In My Heart and Lilya 4-ever. And The Station Agent."

In semi-related news, Cowell mentioned he is next starring in a play titled True West, which is playing at Sydney’s The Wharf this October. It’s being directed by Phillip Seymour Hoffman (below) and he had this to say about working with one of his idols:

"I think he’s arguably one of the greatest actors in the world. I love his choices. He inspired me a lot because he’s so instinctual from role to role, which is something I strive for and really inhibiting characters.

I auditioned for him in New York for a couple of hours and I learnt so much in those two hours working with him. I’d do the scene, look at him and he’d give me direction and then I would turn around and face the wall and go `it’s Phillip Seymour Hoffman!' I Love You Too is in cinemas now.

Favourite Movies With the Cast of I Love You Too, 9 out of 10 [based on 777 votes]