The Best Guide

Summer Recipe: Spinach Chips

Juicy Fruits

Juicy Chips

Last night when I was perusing the long list of blogs that I follow via Google Friend Connect, I stumbled upon this recipe for kale chips as tested out by A Little Nosh! Yum! Back when I made my Green Smoothies, I had a lot of leftover spinach and decided to test out a recipe for Spinach Chips. Here are my results:

Spinach Chips

- spinach leaves
- olive oil
- seasonings of your choice

Preheat the oven to 350. Toss the spinach with a little oil. Arrange the leaves in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with seasonings (I used salt, pepper, and a little garlic salt). Bake for approximately 7 minutes - may be shorter or longer depending on your baking pan / oven. Let drain on paper towels.

The leaves became very thin and flaky. They reminded me of sheets of seaweed (think of what sushi is wrapped in). They actually taste a little like potato chips! Mine were still a little greasy feeling. I think I used a bit too much olive oil, so that's something to keep in mind for next time. These chips are super light though - not heavy-feeling at all. Tasty, and much healthier than potato chips! Let me know if you try out this recipe. Would love to know what you think!