The Best Guide

Des Bishop: "My Love is the Raging Bull!"

Irish comedian Des Bishop

I interviewed Irish comedian Des Bishop (above) earlier this week during his Australian tour and, as well as being impressed by his intellect, I asked him what his favourite movie is. Because, you know, I'm curious. Don't worry, I slipped the question in towards the end of the interview after I talked to him about his charity work and battle with head cancer so it didn't sound weird or off-topic.

Right, this is what he had to say:

"I think my number one favourite movie of all time is Raging Bull. It's just a great guys movie and I love it. There are some good French movies and I don’t want to just name Scorsese movies but they’re up there. Hmmm, there’s a lot…what else? A movie that blew me away recently was The Lives Of Others, it was almost like a perfect movie. In fact, some people thought it was too perfect the way it all ended up, but I thought it worked great."

So there you go, the highest-selling comedian in Ireland's favourite film isn't Michael Collins. Go figure.