The Best Guide

Johnny Galecki's Favourite Films

The Big Bang Theory

Johnny Galecki aka Leonard from The Big Bang Theory

I’ve got to say, I had a major geek-out moment (which is not unusual for me) when I interviewed Johnny Galecki aka Leonard from The Big Bang Theory this morning. Galecki is in Australia at the moment ahead of the TV Week Logie Awards on Sunday, at which he’s presenting an award. Genuinely an all-round friendly and relaxed dude, it certainly made up for meeting the douchey Brendan Cowell yesterday. We spoke about the up and coming Logies, the show, co-stars Kaley and Jim, future projects and, of course, my usual question on what his favourite movies are:

"It's funny, I really love movies. From films that are as sprawling and operatic as The Godfather and The Shining or as deeply personal as Kramer vs Kramer and You Can Count On Me. I really do love movies and there's always a lot to be said about a good popcorn movie, like I really enjoyed Iron Man."

It’s also his 35th birthday today so I was sure to wish him a happy birthday and ask what he’s doing to celebrate: not much apparently! Besides going out to dinner tonight, Galecki says he's will spend the afternoon relaxing and watching the first few seasons of Underbelly:

"I’ve heard great things about Underbelly. I tried to download it from iTunes in the states but it didn’t work. Someone gave me the DVDs yesterday so I’m going to watch them this afternoon."

NOTE: My friends little sister asked if I could pass on to Johnny that she thinks Sheldon is "like, sooooo hot". Thankfully, I didn't.